We promote over six different environmentally conscious initiatives throughout the hotel system. When you’re staying with us, rest assured we’re doing everything we can to create an environmentally-responsible experience.
OUR NO STRAW INITIATIVE
Our goal to provide you with an outstanding vacation experience doesn’t stop here, we promote environmental awareness throughout the property with efforts like our no straw initiative to help reduce plastic pollution. Plastic constitutes 90% of all trash floating in our oceans and straws are in the top 10 of all items picked up, so in 2017, we eliminated the use of plastic straws and other paper goods through the properties.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY PRACTICES
Our commitment is to continuously improve on hotel practices, which promote responsibility towards the environment and community. Therefore, we have adopted the following initiatives:
• Adding efficient equipment and fixtures throughout the properties to reduce energy consumption including led lighting, solar powered shuttles and energy saving air conditioning systems
• Minimizing water usage and waste while maximizing reuse
• Protecting the habitat of endangered Loggerhead, Leatherback and Green turtles that nest on our beach
• Participating in Aruba’s beach conservation project with employees.
• Reducing pollution generated by our activities through clean energy measures, which include high efficiency kitchen equipment, eliminating all single use plastic disposals, and reuse of grey water for landscaping